Business Technical Pillar Lead
Who we are:
As a top tier managed security service provider (MSSP) to customers across Canada, we partner with our clients to plan the optimization of their technical infrastructure to meet their long-term business needs. Our organization with its team of experts from desktop support up, but not limited to, CIO/CTO services provide cost-effective managed IT environments for our clients. At iSpire we create close, long-term relationships with our customers. We place a strong emphasis on understanding our customers business, ensuring technology helps rather than holds them back. Our focus is proactive and practical with a commitment to doing what is right for the customer in all situations. We use the best of breed tools and processes and take a wholistic approach to their IT needs.
With decades of subject matter expertise in IT, engineering, process, and controls, iSpire offers a broader range of services than a typical managed services provider (MSP) company. Our services are used by global companies right down to small businesses. Our team here at iSpire are also highly engaged in our community, initiating and funding projects such as Connexionworks, where we provide mentorship to brand new start-ups, to regional security operations centers (SOC), we are committed to giving back to and building the communities we service.
iSpire is seeking a Technical Pillar Lead who will use their knowledge and experience to improve and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the technology support, infrastructure, and IT systems improvements made within their customer’s businesses. The Technical Pillar Lead is responsible for managing the team that delivers support services to their customers and will act as the final escalation point for customer tickets that are dealing with customer specific solutions and customer requests that go to subject matter experts for resolution. This role will involve but will not be limited to remote & desk-side support, trouble-shooting hardware, software, and network peripheral issues, general training as a value added service for customers, providing clear documentation for Tier III escalations, and special project work. This position is targeted for a professional individual who is looking to grow their career. A great work ethic, working well in a team environment, being dependable & self-driven, and showing initiative are all keys to being the successful candidate for this position. Other crucial attributes of the successful candidate include great time management skills, the ability to prioritize activities, being able to learn & adapt quickly, work well under pressure, and de-escalate high tension situations.
The successful candidate will have a set work schedule, with additional hours needed for afterhours projects. It is also the expectation that the candidate will join the on-call shift rotation.
- Provide accurate, professional, and timely documented updates to all assigned tickets. · Follow and execute documented and approved policy, processes, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot computers, applications, printers, and peripherals, remotely and deskside, using individual experience and documented incident models.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with users and technical support.
- Support and deploy servers, network equipment, desktops and client applications
- Provisioning of accounts and access
- Plan, execute, and implement infrastructure and business system projects
- Be client focused providing exceptional customer service
- Support Windows environments, Active Directory and Exchange
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 7/8/10, Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server. MAC support a plus
- Resolve all issues presented to you from junior technician
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective communicator, and problem solver
- Driven to improve customer satisfaction, both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under high pressure situations
- Must be able to meet team goals and enjoy working collaboratively as a team
- Effectively coach Tier I and Tier II Technicians
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A certificate in Network Administration or Systems Administration
- Prior experience working in a managed service or field technician capacity
- Experience with RMM or PSA solutions considered an asset
- A working knowledge the ITIL Service Delivery framework
- Experience managing a team of technical staff
- Hardware knowledge; laptops, desktops, servers, networking
- Strong background in network technologies; switches, routers, wireless, LAN/WAN, VPN, VoIP
- Must be well organized with ability to work independently.
- Show initiative and act independently to resolve tickets, manage multiple priorities, and follow through on customer engagement.
- Be a self-starter who is highly organized, learns quickly and retains that knowledge to apply to customer solutions.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP functionality.
- Remote desktop, Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla, workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting, imaging best practices, anti-virus tool operations, basic SaaS connectivity, software licensing, client VPN capabilities, and third party applications such as Adobe.
- Network storage, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, mobile device support (iOS & Android), user shares, print servers operations, and Active Directory security and permissions.
Remuneration and vacation will be in accordance with experience & qualifications. iSpire provides both benefits and optional RRSP contributions after a set period of employment.
If you are looking for a challenging and growth-oriented career, we want to hear from you.